The Geography of China
The Geography of China
Michele Lasker and Joan Sizemore
November 10, 2002 – Handout
Worksheet of Instructions for
Labeling the Provinces and Geographic Features – Two Maps
Map 1 – Geographic Features
1. Label the following bodies of water using blue.
Pacific Ocean, Yangtze River, Pearl River, East China Sea, South China Sea, Sea of
Okhotsk, and Yellow Sea
2. Label the following cities using a star within a circle.
Shanghai, Beijing, Xi’An, Canton, Harbin, Urumqi, and Guangzhou
3. Label the following mountain ranges with an upside down v.
Himalayas, Quinling, and Altai
4. Label the Islands in yellow.
Hainan, and Hong Kong
5. Label the countries in green.
Mongolia, Russia, Japan, Vietnam Laos
6. Label the desert in brown.
The Gobi Desert
Map 2 – The Provinces
7. On the Label the provinces that have the nine minorities that we will
be studying using green, purple, orange, red, and yellow. Shade
lightly with your map pencils. All of the labels need to be placed
horizontally and should be printed.
Anhui, Gansu, Jiangxi, Jilin, Hainan, Heilongjiang, Fujian, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Guizhou,
Hebei, Henan, Hubei, Liaoning, Sha’anxi, Shanxi, Zhejiang, Hunan, Qinghai, Shandong,
Sichuan, Taiwan, and Yunnan.
8. Locate your minority group using the Map of the Distribution of
Nationalities in the Peoples’ Republic of China, 1998
The minorities are: The Dong, the Miao, the Uighur, the Zhuang, the Man, the Dai, the
Bai, the Oroqen, and the Li.
- Related pdf books
- Welcome to KASY Spring 2006 - Yale University
- Procurement Policy and Process Changes - Yale University
- How Do People Cope with Natural Disasters? Evidence from the ...
- The Crumbling Fortress: A Trajectory of Territory, Access ...
- ARKANSAS 21C SUPERINTENDENTS MEETING APRIL 14-15, 2003 ...
- Changes for Student Account Information Brochure for 0607
- THE YALE EQUESTRIAN TEAM
- Yale University Institutional Review Boards
- Conference Session Descriptions Partial Listing
- SUFFERING THE SINS OF THE MASTERS
- Joshua Knobe
- Distributive Politics with Primaries - Yale University
- Linear Systems with Multiple
- Legend of the Butterfly Lovers - Yale University
- Yale School of Medicine Postgraduate Application Description
- The dental plan is offered through Delta Dental of New Jersey ...
- 4 07newsltrpsp mrs
- Popular epubs
- Buy Local? The Geography of Successful and Unsuccessful ...
- Mapping Mahem: the geography of crime
- The Geography of the Snagboat Montgomery Answers
- The geography of ﬁnance: after the storm
- A GENERAL MODEL OF THE GEOGRAPHY OF ILLICIT RETAIL MARKETPLACES
- The Geography of Trade in Goods and Asset Holdings
- Substance Use, Social Networks, and the Geography of Urban ...
- The Geography of Innovation
- The geography of conﬂicts and free trade agreements
- Bones, Bombs, and Break Points: The Geography of Economic ...
- China documentary features local businesses - 2004-03-01 - Pacific Business News (Honolulu) Page 1 of 3
- A Multilingual Geographic Feature Classification Index for China and Japan